- JOB CLOSING DATE: July 30, 2021 4:00 pm
The Kiizhik Education Corporation is looking to hire a Vice Principal to collaborate with and support the Principal with the overall operation of the Gaagagekiizhik Elementary and Bimose Community High School. The Vice Principal will ensure that the students who attend have the support that meet their own unique educational, emotional, social and physical needs.
- Provides leadership for staff and pupil morale
- Assist with the development and review of school budgets and school policies
- Serves as liaison between staff, other school personnel and community
- Assist with recruiting and interviewing prospective teachers and school based staff
- Provides support with the preparation of reports originating at the school level
- Assist teachers in instruction and supervision of pupils and arrange for special services when require
- Responsible for reporting health and safety hazards
- Maintain communications with parents or guardians regarding student achievement and behaviour
- Encourage positive role modelling behaviour designed to instill pride, self-esteem and cultural identity
- Implement/support Anishinaabe language and culture in the classroom
- Maintains inventory of supplies, equipment, and furniture within the school
- Participates in workshops, conferences, and parent-teacher meetings
- Demonstrate through knowledge of education systems, structures and funding models
- Bachelor of Education or relevant education
- Principal’s Qualification Program Part 1 and 2
- Experience in Education Administration would be an asset
- Membership in good standing with the Ontario College of Teachers.
- Excellent management, planning and organizational skills are required
- Valid G Driver’s License
- Provide a Criminal record and Vulnerable sector check
How to Apply
- Fill out the form below to submit your cover letter and resumé (preferred method).
- Fax your resumé and cover letter to 807.468.3908.
- Drop a paper copy of your cover letter and resumé to the following address:
Bimose Tribal Council Inc.
Attention: Human Resources
598 Lakeview Drive
Kenora, ON P9N 3P7