The Kiizhik Education Corporation Team is looking to hire a Special Education Teacher. The Special Education Teacher will assist in the development of Special Education Plans, organize IPRCs and Individual Education Plans (IEPs). The Special Education Teacher will also assist schools and communities with coordinating support for students from outside agencies.
- Development and implement of a Special Education Plan to support our schools
- In direct collaboration with the Classroom Teacher, and through consultation with the Principal and parent, assist in the development of a student’s IEP.
- Complete and maintain the required SERT responsibility sections of the IEP.
- Ensure that all required aspects and sections of the IEP are completed.
- Provide and update achievement testing as required and assist with the referral process.
- Collaborate with teachers and the principal to arrange necessary case conferences and IPRC meetings.
- Facilitate effective communication with educational support staff to help address the needs of students.
- Act as a resource to all school staff with regard to Board procedures and directives in special education.
- Collaborate with agencies and transition personnel to help meet the individual needs of students.
- Develop Individualized Education Programs (IEPs) for each student
- Implement IEPs, assess students’ performance, and track their progress
- Update IEPs throughout the school year to reflect students’ progress and goals
- Discuss student’s progress with parents, teachers, counselors, and administrators
- Supervise and mentor teacher assistants who work with students with disabilities
- Prepare and help students transition from grade to grade and after graduation
- Bachelor of Arts/Science and Bachelor of Education, a Bachelor of Education or an Indigenous Education program diploma.
- Experience or knowledge of best practices in Special Education.
- Primary, Junior and/or Intermediate qualifications would be an asset.
- Special Education qualifications
- Membership in the Ontario College of Teachers.
- A clean criminal record check and vulnerable sector check.
- Valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle.
- Anishinaabe Language Proficiency is strongly recommended.
Applicants must submit a cover letter, resume and three professional references.
The application must be submitted by Wednesday, April 13, 2022 by 4:00pm CST.
Please apply online at www.kiizhik.ca or submit applications via e-mail or fax to:
Kiizhik Education Corporation
Attention: Human Resource Manager
598 Lakeview Drive
Kenora, ON, P9N 3P7
Telephone: (807) 468-5551 | Fax: (807) 468-3908 | Email: [email protected]
Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
How to Apply
- Fill out the form below to submit your cover letter and resumé (preferred method).
- Fax your resumé and cover letter to 807.468.3908.
- Drop a paper copy of your cover letter and resumé to the following address:
Bimose Tribal Council Inc.
Attention: Human Resources
598 Lakeview Drive
Kenora, ON P9N 3P7