- JOB CLOSING DATE: July 30, 2021 4:00 pm
The Kiizhik Education Corporation is looking to hire a School Secretary to provide administrative support for Gaagagekiizhik Elementary and Bimose Community High School. The School Secretary will be responsible for providing administrative support and ensure efficient operation of the school office.
- Oversee all aspects of general office coordination
- Maintain office calendar to coordinate work flow and meetings
- Manage storage, filing and security of documents
- Prepare correspondence, reports, and other documents
- Maintain the school(s) student data-base and other data systems, as required.
- Prepare any required Ministry of Education, AANDC and community reports.
- Maintain appointment schedules and calendars for school administrative staff.
- Organize staff meetings, School Council meetings, and conference calls
- Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable including verifying and tracking invoices
- Purchasing of goods and equipment when required
- Assist in the planning of student activities and school functions.
- Encourage positive role model behaviour designed to instill pride, self-esteem and cultural identity for Anishinaabe students.
- Liaison with parents/guardians, parent council, professional staff, and other agencies
- Post-secondary diploma or equivalent
- Three (3) to five (5) years of related work experience or a combination of education and experience
- Knowledge and proficiency of Microsoft Office products
- Demonstrated ability in office administration, methods and procedures and the effective use of grammar, spelling and punctuation
- A comprehensive understanding of data-bases and data entry
- Fluency in the Anishinaabe language would be an asset
- Criminal record check and Vulnerable Sector check required
- First Aid & CPR Level C or A Certificate
- Access to own transportation and a valid driver’s license
How to Apply
- Fill out the form below to submit your cover letter and resumé (preferred method).
- Fax your resumé and cover letter to 807.468.3908.
- Drop a paper copy of your cover letter and resumé to the following address:
Bimose Tribal Council Inc.
Attention: Human Resources
598 Lakeview Drive
Kenora, ON P9N 3P7