The Custodian position is based out of the Gaagagekiizhik Elementary and Bimose High School buildings from Oct 2023-Jan 2024. The Custodian will be responsible for overall cleaning, general maintenance and repairs of the school building and property.
- Maintain the urban school building and property- moving furniture, painting, grass cutting, snow removal and moving items to and from storage.
- Perform maintenance and repairs within the scope of their qualifications.
- Assist contractors with additional repairs when required.
- Clean and sanitize washrooms, hallways floors, classrooms and offices
- Garbage collection and removal from all offices
- Ensure adequate level of inventory is maintained for janitorial products
- Ensure janitorial products are stored and used according to manufacturer’s Health and Safety recommendations
- Completion of an annual maintenance plan for the facility
- Assist with the completion of an annual capital plan for the facility
- Other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Two year’s relevant work experience as a custodian
- A maintenance trade would be an asset
- Knowledgeable of Occupational Health and Safety practices
- Must be a self-starter and work independently
- Valid “G” Driver’s License
- A clean criminal record check and vulnerable sector check
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit a cover letter, resume and three professional references. Applications will be accepted until Wednesday, October 25, 2023 at 4:00pm CST
PLEASE SUBMIT THE APPLICATION BY E-MAIL, IN PERSON, OR FAX TO:
Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
How to Apply
- Fill out the form below to submit your cover letter and resumé (preferred method).
- Fax your resumé and cover letter to 807.468.3908.
- Drop a paper copy of your cover letter and resumé to the following address:
Bimose Tribal Council Inc.
Attention: Human Resources
598 Lakeview Drive
Kenora, ON P9N 3P7