The Kiizhik Education Corporation Team is looking to hire a Guidance Counsellor for the 2023/24 School Year. The Guidance Counsellor will assist in the career planning and will ensure that the students who attend have programming and support that meet their own unique educational, emotional, social, cultural, and physical needs.
- To establish a rapport with students such that students will feel at ease to discuss personal issues.
- To be available to discuss any issues with students.
- To establish a schedule and define a suitable method of contact that ensures the counsellor’s availability to students.
- To communicate the nature and scope of services that the counsellor can provide.
- To review monthly attendance and develop improvement plans to follow up attendance concerns with students, parents, school staff and/or attendance officer.
- To communicate information with parents, administration, teachers, other school staff, and outside agencies and to make referrals as necessary.
- To assist students in career planning and refer post-secondary students to appropriate resources for assistance.
- To ensure confidentiality for all students.
- To maintain student records and ensure credit requirements are met
- Collaborate with teachers and the principal to arrange necessary case
- Facilitate effective communication with educational support staff to help address the needs of students.
- Discuss student’s progress with parents, teachers, and administrators
- Prepare and help students transition from grade to grade and after graduation
- Accreditation under the Ontario Ministry of Education, or the Ontario College of Teachers, as a teacher qualified to teach elementary or secondary school.
- Ability to speak Ojibwe an asset.
- Ability to motivate and inspire children and young people.
- Ability to cooperate with other staff members, parents and community residents.
- Demonstrates diligence, resourcefulness, initiative.
- A clean criminal record check and vulnerable sector check.
- Valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle.
- Anishinaabe Language Proficiency is strongly recommended.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit a cover letter, resume and three professional references. Applications will be accepted until Wednesday, October 25, 2023 at 4:00pm CST
PLEASE SUBMIT THE APPLICATION BY E-MAIL, IN PERSON, OR FAX TO:
Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
How to Apply
- Fill out the form below to submit your cover letter and resumé (preferred method).
- Fax your resumé and cover letter to 807.468.3908.
- Drop a paper copy of your cover letter and resumé to the following address:
Bimose Tribal Council Inc.
Attention: Human Resources
598 Lakeview Drive
Kenora, ON P9N 3P7