- Applications will be accepted continuously.
The Kiizhik Education Corporation Team is growing and looking to hire new Education Assistants. Under the direct supervision of the School Principal and working directly with the teacher(s), the Education Assistant will reinforce prepared lessons/routines to children or groups of children. They will also participate, in conjunction with the teacher in instructing the student(s).
Provide support to students at Gaagagekiizhik Gakinoo’amaadiiwigamig Gakinoo’amaawasowin and/or Bimose Community High School at all Grade levels.
• Assisting students individually or in groups in completing teacher prepared lessons and routines
• Assist with supervision of students in classroom as well as outdoor supervision
• Monitor student progress and identify problematic areas
• Liaise with parents/guardians, professional staff, and other agencies
• Encourage positive role model behaviour designed to instill pride, self-esteem and cultural identity for Anishinaabe students.
This list reflects general details that describe the key job functions of this position, the level of knowledge and skill typically required and the scope of responsibility. This is not an all-inclusive listing; other duties may be assigned.
• Grade twelve diploma or equivalent certification
• Classroom Assistant Certificate/ Early Childhood Diploma/Social Services Diploma or commitment to obtain
• 1 year related work experience would be an asset
• Strong communication, English, and mathematical skills
• Knowledge of Anishinaabemowin, culture, and traditions an asset
• Criminal record check cleared and issued by the Ontario Education Services Corporation or Treaty Three Police which verifies employee is able to work in a provincial educational institution
• Possess the ability to manage a reasonable workload; effective priority-setting and follow-up
• Be a role model in carrying out the vision and mission statement of Kiizhik Education Corporation
• Possess the ability to establish and maintain appropriate working rapport with others
• Possess the ability to deal with conflict, mediate, and problem solve
• Provide the quality of work to meet or exceed tribal council specifications.
How to Apply
- Fill out the form below to submit your cover letter and resumé (preferred method).
- Fax your resumé and cover letter to 807.468.3908.
- Drop a paper copy of your cover letter and resumé to the following address:
Bimose Tribal Council Inc.
Attention: Human Resources
598 Lakeview Drive
Kenora, ON P9N 3P7